Are you just getting started with gas grills in Rocky Mount, NC? We know if you haven’t grilled with propane gas before, it can be a lot to get used to. With that in mind, here’s a beginner’s guide to gas grilling.
Most importantly, you need to know how to cook things to a safe temperature and with a great taste. That’s why it’s important to have a reliable thermometer, preferably an instant-read thermometer. This will let you know how your meat is cooking, when food is safe to eat, and what temperature your grill is The following are key temperature points you should know:
- Fish: 145° F
- Ground meats (including burgers: 160° F
- Poultry: 165° F
- Beef, of course, varies depending on how you like it:
- Rare is 120-130° F
- Medium-rare is 130-135° F
- Medium is 135-145° F
- Medium-well 145-155° F
- Well-done is 155° F
Grilling Veggies and Fruits
At Daughtridge Energy, we love grilling fruits and vegetables. Whether to make salsa, chutney or a delicious grilled dessert, there are some key tips you need to follow with a gas grill in Rocky Mount, NC:
- Always brush vegetables with oil before grilling
- For thin, fast-cooking, delicate produce like asparagus, bell pepper, and onion, use over medium, direct heat
- For thicker, slow-cooking, hardier produce like cauliflower, squash, and potato, use lower, indirect heat
- Root veggies cook best when cut into disks or chunks.
- Veggies and fruits should be cooked until they are tender with just a bit of crunch.
- Fruits that grow trees are best on the grill. Think apples, peaches, figs, and pears.
Need More Gas Grilling Help in Rocky Mount, NC?
At Daughtridge Energy, we’re dedicated to providing petroleum products and related services to Eastern North Carolina and Southeast Virginia. Based in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, we’re a family owned and operated company committed to providing the highest quality products and services to our customers at a reasonable price. Among those services include our selection of Propane Gas and Gas Grills in Rocky Mount, NC. We’d love help you get started grilling all year long. If you want to get started, contact us and we’ll see what we can do.