Daughtridge Gas & Oil is a premier provider of petroleum and propane products. We are based in Rocky Mount, NC, and we proudly serve Eastern NC and Southeastern VA, where we offer quality propane products at an affordable price.
Those cool spring nights are the perfect time to sit outside and enjoy your fire pit. However, as great as fire pits are, they can also be dangerous if you’re not careful and cautious when using them. That’s why it’s important to practice safety anytime that you use your fire pit. So, here are some fire pit safety tips to ensure that you will have a great, SAFE time enjoying your fire pit:
- Your fire pit should be placed at least 10 feet from your house and your neighbor’s yard. You’ll also want to keep your fire pit away from any nearby trees.
- Make sure that there is adequate lighting around your fire pit, so that people don’t trip or fall when they’re walking around your fire pit at night.
- Never leave your fire unattended. When you’re done using your fire pit, be sure to fully extinguish the fire, using water and/or sand, before you go inside.
- Pay extra attention to small children and pets when your fire pit is in use.
- Keep a fire extinguisher or some water nearby when your fire pit is in use.
- Avoid using accelerants like gas and lighter fluid when lighting your fire.
- Place any chairs or furniture far enough away from the fire pit that people can get up without potentially falling into the fire pit.
- If you notice any damage to your fire pit, be sure to have it checked out and repaired before using it again.
For all of your fire pit needs in the Rocky Mount, NC area, be sure to stop by and see us at Daughtridge Gas & Oil today.