Daughtridge Gas & Oil is a premier provider of petroleum and propane products. We are based in Rocky Mount, NC, and we proudly serve Eastern NC and Southeastern VA, where we offer quality propane products at an affordable price.
Fire Pit Safety Tips
Fall is here and cooler temperatures are in the forecast. That means that it’s the perfect time of year to sit around your fire pit with family and friends. While fire pits are fun and cozy, they can also be dangerous if you don’t practice caution. That’s why we’d like to share some fire pit safety tips with you:
- Place your fire pit on level ground and remove objects that could be tripping hazards from around the fire pit.
- Always closely monitor pets and small children when your fire pit is in use.
- Make sure that there is adequate lighting around your fire pit, so that people don’t trip or fall when they’re walking around your fire pit at night.
- Use a fire pit screen to prevent stray sparks from getting carried away by the wind.
- Place all furniture a safe distance from the fire pit.
- Never leave your fire pit unattended.
- Place your fire pit at least 10 feet from trees, plants, and buildings. Do not place your fire pit under any overhanging buildings or trees.
- When your fire pit is in use, keep something at hand to extinguish the fire if needed, such as a bucket of water or sand, a fire blanket, or a fire extinguisher.
- Surround your fire pit with non-combustible materials like stone or brick.
- Before you retire for the night, make sure that the fire in your fire pit is out completely.
- If you notice any damage to your fire pit, be sure to have it checked out and repaired before using it again.
Come See the Premier Propane Providers
Fire pits are great fun, but they should always be handled with care and caution to keep everyone safe!
For all of your propane and fire pit needs, come to see us at Daughtridge Gas & Oil in Rocky Mount, NC.