Daughtridge Gas & Oil is a premier provider of petroleum and propane products. We are based in Rocky Mount, NC, and we proudly serve Eastern NC and Southeastern VA, where we offer quality propane products at an affordable price.
It’s officially summer, but the hot weather has been with us for a while here in North Carolina. During the hot summer months, many people see their energy bills spike as they crank up their AC. So, how can you save money while still keeping your home cool during the summer? Here are some ideas to help you cut on energy costs:
- If you have a programmable thermostat, have it go up a few degrees every day while you’re at work.
- If you’re going out of town, turn up your thermostat to cut on costs while you’re away. However, you shouldn’t turn off your AC completely, because this could cause condensation and extra moisture to form in your home.
- When you’re not using an electronic device, turn it off and unplug it. Not only will this reduce your energy usage, it also helps to reduce the heat that electronics emit when they’re plugged in.
- During the day, keep your blinds down and your curtains drawn to prevent the hot summer sun from warming up your house.
- In the spring or fall, have routine maintenance performed on your HVAC system to make sure that it’s running properly and efficiently.
For quality propane products at an affordable price, come to see us at Daughtridge Energy in Rocky Mount, NC.