Daughtridge Gas & Oil is a premier provider of petroleum and propane products. We are based in Rocky Mount, NC, and we proudly serve Eastern NC and Southeastern VA, where we offer quality propane products at an affordable price.
When the weather gets cold, you want your home to be warm and cozy. However, those heating costs throughout the winter can really start to pile up. So, here are some tips to help you save on heating costs this winter while still staying warm in your home:
- Utilize the natural light in your home to keep your home warm throughout the day; open blinds and curtains in areas that get natural light in your home.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, have it set to drop a few degrees during the day while your household is at work or school.
- If you go on a vacation, you actually don’t want to turn off your heat altogether, because doing so can cause pipes to freeze and other damage to occur in your home. Instead, set your thermostat a few degrees lower while you’re gone.
- Have your HVAC system, including your furnace, inspected 1-2 times a year to keep it running smoothly.
- If it’s chilly when you wake up in the morning, put on a pair of socks and a sweatshirt instead of cranking up the heat.
- If you have any rooms in your home that you don’t use regularly, close their air vents and keep the doors closed.
- Check your windows and doors to make sure that they’re properly sealed and not letting the warm air out.
For all of your propane needs this upcoming winter season, give us a call at Daughtridge Gas & Oil in Rocky Mount, NC.